Thursday, March 22, 2012

sound memory

I go about my life and suddenly a sound triggers a memory...

I was driving on the by-pass and the thumping of my tires on the road made me think of when I was little and my parents were shipping me off to Bible camp at Maywood. I HATED Bible camp. Not because it was Bible camp, but because it was camp. Anyway, I was all up set and dad asked me what was wrong and I told him (instead of telling him again for the billionth time that I didn't want to go to camp) that I didn't want to hear the sound of the tires on the road. HA! What a loon! His solution was turn up my headphones, which I did.

It's odd though, how sound, smell, or taste will trigger the strangest or smallest little memories...

Like sitting eating Whopper with my Grammy and Mom and the smell of the tomatoes makes me think of the time NO ONE could get me to eat my Whopper because it had tomato snot on it...not a soul could make me eat it. I would rather go hungry...all because of slime that I could not taste. Granted, it is gross, but oooooo, if that was a kid doing it to me, I would be so angry...my parents, shook their heads and let me be hungry...

I like these memories, I am glad I have them. I'm glad that we have these triggers to make us remember the small everyday unimportant events...because in the long run, that's what makes our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment